Entries open in just over two weeks’ time for the Somerset Business Awards 2024, the biggest county-wide business awards which celebrate the very best of Somerset’s wide range of companies, charities and organisations.
Now in their 19th year, the awards are organised annually by Somerset Chamber of Commerce and, once again, leading accountancy firm Albert Goodman will be the main sponsor.
The awards will officially open and be launched on Tuesday, September 12, with a special event at Hurds Hill, near Langport, where would-be entrants will be able to meet sponsors and judges and find out more about the awards. There will also be an online ‘how to enter’ workshop on Wednesday, October 11.
This year, there are new categories, sponsors and judges, including a new Business Resilience and Growth Award to recognise businesses which, despite the soaring costs of doing business, have reinvented their offering to go from strength-to-strength.
There is also a new-look Manufacturing and Engineering Award, together with awards for the Best Use of Digital Technology and Environmental and Sustainability.
In all, there are 14 categories covering all sectors and sizes of business and charity. The awards are free to enter and businesses do not need to be a member of Somerset Chamber to take part.
Businesses will have until November 24 to submit their entries via the Somerset Business Awards website at www.somersetbusinessawards.org.uk. Full details of the official launch and the ‘how to enter’ online workshop can also be found on Somerset Chamber of Commerce’s website at https://www.somerset-chamber.co.uk/.
Emma Rawlings, Chief Executive of Somerset Chamber of Commerce, said: “The Somerset Business Awards covers all business sectors across a wide range of categories and are a great way for businesses to raise their profile, engage their staff and celebrate their achievements.
“I would encourage all local businesses to enter the awards to share their own success stories and I am grateful for the sponsorship and support of so many of Somerset’s leading businesses who, like me, are keen to celebrate our incredible business community.”
Awards this year are:
- Small Business of the Year (turnover up to £0.5 million) sponsored Gather Technology Ltd
- Medium Business of the Year (turnover up to £6 million) sponsored by Higos Insurance Services
- Large Business of the Year (turnover over £6 million) sponsored by Stephens Scown
- Albert Goodman Family Business of the Year Award
- Best Use of Digital Technology Award sponsored by Teapot Creative
- Charity of the Year Award sponsored by Clarke Willmott
- Employer of the Year sponsored by Blossom HR
- Investing in Somerset Award sponsored by Hinkley Point C
- Start-up of the Year Award sponsored by Westcotts
- Apprentice of the Award sponsored by Weston College
- Environmental and Sustainability Award sponsored by Gravity
- Service Excellence Award sponsored by Porter Dodson
- Somerset Manufacturing and Engineering Award sponsored by Leonardo UK
- Business Resilience and Growth Award sponsored by Barclays UK